I feel that anyone new who reads my blog now is getting hosed because there is so little information in it since I deleted everything yesterday. So, in the spirit of my 29th birthday (I’m a fan of drawing out the birthday-ness as long as I can) I’m going to list my 29 things you may or may not know about me. Like Jasmine Star’s April 3rd post, when she was thinking about her birthday.
1. I don’t have a middle name. No one in my family does. I guess we just think 2 is enough.
2. My last name comes from a village in Romania called Gresia.
3. I only go to baseball games for the sunshine and the rowdy energy.
4. I don’t have cable TV because
5. I’m a recovered TV and video game junkie. It was bad… really.
6. I’m 4′ 11″ but usually wear big heals and make it up to around 5′ 3″.
7. I moved to Colorado for a boy. I miss New York all the time, but Clint is so worth it.
8. I’m totally a city girl, an urban hiker, a native of the concrete jungle, but
9. I love to garden and soak up the sun and ride my bike.
10. I’m a vegan, eco-conscious, tree-hugger.
11. When I was a kid, I was terrified of the dark. I was convinced people with guns were staring in the windows. Maybe it’s because my parents let me watch Rambo when I was 5.
12. I LOVE to travel. It’s in my gypsy genes.
13. I drive like a New Jersey race-car driver, but I’m trying to tone it down.
14. Baked goods and (soy) ice cream is where it’s at for me. A warm brownie and a scoop of vanilla is heaven.
15. So is cheesecake.
16. And I could live on Macaroni & Cheese.
17. None of this conflicts with being vegan, because I’m an awesome cook / baker. Awesome. People scoff at my vegan cupcakes, and then they go back for seconds.
18. In college, I double-majored in Art and Computer Science. I’m a terrible programmer.
19. I am convinced that my dog Scumpa is a reincarnation of Kandy, the dog I grew up with.
20. I laugh at bad jokes. The badder the better.
21. I am fascinated by my cats. No wonder they were considered royalty in ancient Egypt.
22. I fenced in college. Saber.
23. Most of my friends are male. Only in the last few years have I made girlfriends. I’m not sure why that is.
24. Going to weddings as the photographer is way more fun than going as a guest.
25. My favorite color is blue.
26. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise.
27. I firmly believe that I lead a charmed life.
28. I’m secretly a total nerd. I love electronics and sci-fi movies and parabolas.
29. Writing about myself like this makes my head hurt.
And since no post is complete without photography, here’s 32 pictures! Well, in a video. At Sunday’s Bridal Festival I took entries for a drawing to win a Canon Selphy Photo Printer. These little guys are so cool. The video below shows me drawing the winner today.
[flashvideo file=”https://www.photocg.co/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/printer_drawing.flv” /]
Congrats Ali! Your printer is on its way!